Are you keen on gardening but traditional lawnmowers do not seem to be ideal enough for your situation anymore? Well, there is this robotic lawnmower range available in the market nowadays which can make life a lot easier for you. If you have a larger mowing area and its always been a hassle for you using traditional lawnmowers that required more effort from your part, then consider that to be a thing of the past as there is better stuff available now.
|1||Flymo 1200R Lithium-Ion Robotic Lawnmower*||148 Reviews||View Details|
|2||Bosch Indego 350 Connect Robotic Lawnmower - Green*||1 Reviews||View Details|
|3||McCulloch R600 Cordless Robotic Lawn Mower, 18 V*||4 Reviews||View Details|
|4||WORX WG790E.1 28V 18cm Landroid M Robotic Lawn Mower*||12 Reviews||View Details|
|5||Eufy Robot Vacuum RoboVac 11, High Suction, Self-Docking, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with...||527 Reviews||View Details|
|6||Robotic Garage ROBOMOW RX 20 Lawn Mower IDEA MOWER*||No ratings yet||View Details|
|7||Husqvarna Automower 450X Robotic Lawn Mower*||No ratings yet||View Details|
|8||WORX WR105SI 20 V S450 Landroid Wi-Fi Enabled Robotic Mower - Orange*||1 Reviews||View Details|
|9||Bosch Indego Cordless Lithium-Ion Robotic Lawn Mower*||18 Reviews||View Details|
|10||Gardena 04071-60 "R40Li" Robotic Lawnmower - Grey/Orange*||No ratings yet||View Details|
When the season falls, every household engages in gardening at all levels. While some may simply be after a way to make their gardens and lawns appear tidy and decent, others would want to take things to a whole new level by beautifying their lawn and backyards which they could use to spend most of their time. Whatever your situation, these bestselling robotic lawnmowers would perfectly suit your needs.
The Ultimate Guide to Robotic Lawnmowers
What was once the preserve of utopian sci-fi movies, is rapidly becoming as mainstream as iPhones, or Netflix. Gardeners all over the world are ditching their traditional lawnmowers, and entrusting their greenspaces to robot mowers that do most of the work for them.
There’s not a massive amount of work to get a robotic mower up and running either, simply plug the charging station in, set the boundaries of your lawn and let the machine take care of the rest. Most robot grass cutters also “re-dock” themselves when they’ve finished working, or need to re-charge.
Don’t I Need a Square Garden?
There was a time when robot lawnmowers couldn’t cope with anything other than a square (and flat) patch of garden. Thankfully, many of today’s lawnmowers can cope with everything from curves, gradients and oddly shaped lawns. They can also cope with obstacles within the lawn, like hedges or raised flower beds. Modern robotic mowers also have the capacity to evenly mulch and spread the clippings back into the lawn, meaning less waste.
What Can I Get for My Money?
- 18 v 1.6 Ah Lithium-ion Battery. Maximum incline within the working area: 14 °, Cutting width: 17 cm, Cutting height max: 50 mm, Cutting height: min: 20 mm.
- Working area 400 m2 +/- 20%
- Area Capacity 30 m2/hr
- Navigation system - irregular
- Charging system - automatic
- Easy and comfortable to operate. From home, the bus, on holiday or wherever you are via our Smart device app
- Easy with AUTO calendar function. After mapping indego will recommend a schedule suited to your Lawn size
- Effortless. Autonomous operation. User does Not need to spend any time cutting the Lawn - the indego operates all by itself once activated. It goes back to charge on its own
- Easy to control. Start, pause and cancel mowing or set up and edit cutting schedules remotely via the app
- Battery type :Lithium-ion , Battery voltage :18 V , Battery charge time :45 min ,Battery runtime :30 min
- McCulloch rob R600 cuts lawns up to 600 meter square
- Easy to install and program
- Fully automatic robotic lawnmower
- Patented AIA technology allows Landroid to navigate narrow sections with ease
- Edging mode ensures Landroid cuts the perimeters of your garden
- No programming needed, ready to go at the push of a button
- Zone mode maximises cutting efficiency for lawns with separated segments
- Sensor prevents collisions with garden furniture, pets and children
- Cleans For You: Clean your house with the click of a button. Versatile cleaning modes and the low-profile design facilitates cleaning under tables and chairs along with every nook and cranny.
- High-Capacity Li-ion Battery: Delivers over 1.5 hours of fade-free power for constant, powerful suction.
- 3-Point Cleaning System: Side brushes, a rolling brush and powerful suction ensure a thorough clean.
- Premium Features: Anti-scratch tempered glass cover for protection, infrared-sensor for evading obstacles, and drop-sensing tech to avoid falls. Recharges automatically.
- What You Get: Eufy RoboVac 11, remote control (requires 2 AAA batteries, not included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, HEPA-style filter, 4 side brushes, welcome guide and our worry-free 12-month warranty.
- The garage built around the ROBOMOW RX 12 an 20 da Idea Mower
- The Automower 450X is the top of the range model of the most recent generation of robotic lawn mowers from Husqvarna. Equipped with LED lights and suitable for large, complex lawns up to 5,000 m² thanks to its GPS navigation.
- Mows up to 5,000 m² + installation kit size L included (add to basket).
- Automower Connect.
- Ultrasonic sensors – New LED strip lights.
- Can handle complex terrain.
- Ideal for lawns up to 450m²
- Dual rotation cutting action (blades spin in both directions), extends the life of the blades, reducing the frequency of needing to change the blades
- WIFI control in this range comes as standard
- The uncut garden fringe area has been reduced from 20cm area to a 2.5 cm area!
- New simple interface that requires only plug and play, no programming required
- Cuts all by itself, so you can enjoy the other projects
- Robotic technology ensures an optimal cut
- Logicut system cuts in parallel lines reducing time spent on the lawn
- Easy installation and setup, suitable for up to 1000 sq m
- Works in different weather conditions
- The robotic lawnmower mows the Lawn on its own and recharges itself at the charging station
- No summer weather is too bad for a Gardena robotic lawnmower
- The anti-theft alarm function, installation lock and pin code ensure reliable anti-theft protection
- For Smaller Lawns
The cheapest robotic lawnmowers come in at a shade under £1000. For that, you’ll be in the market for something like the Robomow RS635, which can keep 500 square meters of lawn trimmed to perfection. Other mowers fall into this price bracket too, such as the Flymo Robotic Lawnmower 1200 R, an extremely quiet mower that you won’t mind working away in the middle of the night. Runtime of this mower is 65 minutes, and takes 50 to charge to full again.
At this price level, you’ll do without some features, and your mower might not be able to cope with huge gradients; however, for small and standard lawns they’ll work fine.
- For Medium Lawns
Moving up in terms of cost, you can pick up the Bosch Indego 400 Connect for about £1050. It doesn’t have the running time or capacity of the Flymo, yet it offers some clever features like an iPhone App to track its progress, plus parallel blades and section mowing.
If you’re paying more money to gain additional capacity, then the Worx Landroid M 800 is worth a look. It takes a bit of setting up, yet once done it boasts a working capacity of 800 square meters, and can manage gradients as high as 35%. It also comes with some helpful features that allow it to bypass narrow paths, and tell the difference between your front and back garden. It also understands when it’s nearly out of battery, and will duly return to its station for a top up.
If you live in a dry climate, and need to keep your lawn watered via sprinklers, then the Gardena Smart Sileno+ could be for you. This robotic mower can cut 1300 square meters at a time, has a runtime of just over an hour, plus it can tackle gradients of 35%.
This robot mower can communicate with Gardena Smart Sprinklers, allowing the lawnmower to cut your grass when the sprinklers are not on. It’s also smart enough to tackle oddly shaped lawns and complex areas where it will need to navigate carefully.
You’ll pay a bit more for all this functionality, it will set you back just over £2000.
- For Large Lawns
At the higher end of the price range, things become eye wateringly expensive! The Husqvarna Automower 450X, can mow an outrageous 5000 square meters of lawn, plus it boasts an epic 260 minutes run time. Of course, you’ll pay for all this capacity, literally in this case because it costs over £4000.
Still, the fact it can cope with 45% gradients, has a huge range and is extremely well put together, should see it mowing many expensive suburban homes.
To compete with the Automower 450X, the Ambrogio L300 Elite R, not only sounds like something Ferrari might make, it looks the part too. With a maximum capacity of 6000 square meters, 5-10 hours runtime and a host of rather fancy features for the larger home, it’s certainly aimed at those with large homes (and larger pockets). Once again, you’ll pay upwards of £3000 for one of these.
What About Theft?
Right now, robotic mowers aren’t nearly as popular as traditional ones; however, that will change over the next 5-years, making one of these grass munchers a prized target for thieves.
Some manufacturers are already taking this seriously, by adding pin codes and features to “lock out” the mower once it realises it’s been stolen; however, many models on the market aren’t protected nearly as well.
Our advice, would be to only consider a robot lawnmower in a garden that’s protected from opportunistic thieves. Just as with car theft, it mostly occurs when an opportunity arises for a thief to grab something valuable quickly; it makes sense keep your robot lawnmower safe in a similar way.
- Use a robot lawnmower in a garden not easily viewed from public roads/paths.
- Keep your garden gates locked at all times.
- Follow good garden security rules in general, they’ll help your home stay safe too.
Normally, we would also advise bringing your mower inside when going on holiday; however, this defeats the purpose of having a robot take care of things whilst you’re away. In this case, we would suggest having a friend, neighbor or relative keep track of your mower, and to check nobody has been attempting to access the garden in your absence.
What About Child Safety?
This is one area where manufacturers have focused on hugely. Almost every lawnmower on the market today has safety sensors on board that halt the mower if it senses movement. Some models also have an on-board siren that alerts those around when it’s due to start mowing.
Of course, nothing beats old fashioned teaching when it comes to safety, so our advice would be to teach your children to stay clear of the mower when it’s in operation. It’s also worth setting your mower to come on during the evening, as many are so quiet you’ll hardly be able to hear it.