Oak dining tables offer the best value for your money as they are both elegant, ergonomic and long lasting. This is the reason they happen to be in huge demand. However, since they have traditionally been less attractive compared to their glass counterparts, customers have always been looking for new models and varieties to spend their hard earned money on. Below is a diverse collection of oak dining tables from different online furniture stores in the UK for your consideration.
|1||Julian Bowen Coxmoor Solid Oak Rectangular Dining Table, Oak||174 Reviews||£123.00 £119.98||View Detais|
|2||OAK FURNITURE KING Hampton Solid Oak Extending Dining Table, (120-160 cm)||15 Reviews||£529.00 £338.56||View Detais|
|3||Julian Bowen Coxmoor Solid Oak Square Dining Table, Oak||127 Reviews||£113.10 £99.98||View Detais|
|4||Julian Bowen Coxmoor Solid Oak Bench, Oak||93 Reviews||£70.92 £69.98||View Detais|
|5||Baumhaus Mobel Extending Oak Dining Table (Seats 4-8)||1 Reviews||£548.00 £449.63||View Detais|
|6||P&N Homewares Premium Halo Rectangular Dining Table Contemporary Design Dining Table Modern Table...||2 Reviews||£136.50||View Detais|
|7||Dining Table Oak 100% FSC Tomas 110x75x75cm||21 Reviews||£185.00 from £75.00||View Detais|
|8||Julian Bowen Cleo Dining Table, Wood, Light Oak||3 Reviews||£79.10 £68.71||View Detais|
|9||Furniture 247 Dining Table 6-8 Seater - Natural Oak||5 Reviews||£185.00||View Detais|
|10||Julian Bowen Oslo Dining Table, White/Oak||32 Reviews||£78.92 £74.99||View Detais|
Of all the most basic pieces of home furnishing, a dining table is often the most difficult to select. It needs to suit the style of the room and the taste of the homeowner, but it must also be durable and comfortable. Though in recent decades other materials have become briefly popular, most people still prefer a wooden table. Oak dining tables have remained popular for centuries, with good reason.
Adaptability is a key factor when choosing a table, and oak is one of the most adaptable of woods. Unlike mahogany, which is most suitable to a very formal design, or pine, which is strictly casual, the rich grain of oak lends itself to almost any style. It can be used with a darker stain for an elegant, Victorian look. It is equally at home, with a lighter finish, in an ultramodern design. The “look” of the wood itself is incredibly versatile. Since oak is a hardwood, it is extremely durable. It will stand up easily to the wear and tear of daily use in a family home (just think of kids, no matter how well behaved, banging their cups on the table). It is usually stain resistant and is less likely than softer woods to suffer from dents and gouges.
Picking The Right Oak Dining Tables
As with any piece of furniture, the buyer will want to consider a few things carefully when buying oak dining tables. Construction is especially important. Remember that a dining table sees daily use. No one imagines jumping up and down on a table, of course, but your table sees constant use. Most people don’t just use their table three times a day: it’s probably going to be a place where the family gathers to eat, but also where the kids do homework and where adults do anything from work spreadsheets to a painting project. Make sure that the table can keep up with this kind of use. Look for solidity of construction: anything held together with nails or staples is NOT something that will hold together well. If glue has been used, it may be okay, but is probably not of the highest quality.
Top 10 Oak Dining Tables
- A solid oak rectangular dining table in a durable oiled finish
- A compact distinctive table that is ideal for small kitchen diners
- A wide range of co-ordinating items are available in the Julian Bowen coxmoor range making it ideal for any home situation; also shown with the Julian Bowen Hudson chairs
- Simple self-assembly required. Easy care faux leather seat pad
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 118 x 75 x 75 cm
- Made of 100 % Solid Oak. No Veneers or MDF Anywhere on this Product
- Built by Expert Craftsmen
- To aid delivery some assembly might be required
- 12 months Warranty
- A Selection of Chairs available to go with Table
- A solid oak square dining table in a durable oiled finish
- A compact distinctive table that is perfect for small kitchen diners
- A wide range of co-ordinating items are available in the Julian Bowen coxmoor range making it ideal for any home situation; also co-ordinates with the Julian Bowen Hudson chairs
- Simple self-assembly required
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 75 x 75 x 75 cm
- The coxmoor oak bench is crafted from solid American white oak with a durable oiled finish
- Ideal for use with the Julian Bowen coxmoor rectangular dining table and co-ordinating coxmoor range
- Simple self-assembly required (no extra tools needed)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 101 x 32 X 45 cm
- Superb contemporary solid oak extending dining table, crafted from the highest grade, selected solid oak.
- Seats four to eight people - Dining chairs are available separately - Exceptional build quality - Designed to last a lifetime.
- This very cleverly designed table has mechanical action which hides the folding cache leaf underneath the table top.
- The overall dimensions are H:80 x W:150 x D:90cm - The dimensions extended are H:80cm x L:200cm x W:90cm
- This is a solidly constructed piece of furniture and only minor assembly required (legs bolting on)
- Base features a unique design for added dimension and contemporary aesthetic in your space
- Strong wooden frame legs,
- Retro and modern,
- Dimensions - table: height - 75cm, width - 80cm, length - 120cm
- Clean palette of natural tone complements a wide range of palettes and themes for versatile styling.
- model "Tomas" - classic and refined design that will blend with your interior
- dimensions - 110x75x75 cm
- massive european oak - a deciduous tree guarantee a strength of product
- coated by linseed oil - protect a product from moisture and scratches, and safe a natural color
- produced from ecologically clean wood - orgin of wood is confirmed by FSC certificate
- Light Oak Finish
- Constructed from Real Solid Timber
- Practical and Space Saving
- Simple Self Assembly Required
- 114cm x 71cm x 76cm
- Includes one Furniture 247 6-8 seat dining table - great for the dining or family room
- Material: Solid wood with a natural finish
- A classic style dining table, perfect for entertaining family and friends
- Quick and easy to assemble - full instructions and fixings included
- Dimensions: 150 x 80 x 76cm
- The Oslo table is a functional four place setting design in sturdy solid wood construction meeting the requirements of the modern domestic home
- With a white lacquered base and oak coloured top this table is a classic farmhouse style with a modern twist
- Co-ordinating chairs available shown are the Julian Bowen Oslo chair
- Self-assembly Required
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 114 x 71 x 75 cm
Dowels or dovetailing are both signs of good construction. Also, check to see if the table surface is solid oak, or if it is an oak veneer over composition wood. If it’s veneer, it could still be fine–solid oak is VERY expensive–but make sure that the veneer is not too thin. Checking the edge of the table should show about 1/16″ of veneer. Any warping in the surface, or gaps along the edge where veneer has come unglued, are warning signs. Comfort is another checkpoint. No one sits ON the table, but they DO sit around it, and it should be at a good height so that it neither bumps into anyone’s knees or makes anyone have to reach too high for eating, writing or other activities. Pull a chair up to the table and pretend to eat: it might look silly in the furniture store, but it’s better to look silly than to buy a table that doesn’t work out at home.
Oak dining tables, with their adaptability and durability, are among the best choices for either a modern or traditional home. A bit of care and consideration when buying the table will pay off–a high-quality table will serve the household for generations.