Oak dining tables offer the best value for your money as they are both elegant, ergonomic and long lasting. This is the reason they happen to be in huge demand. However, since they have traditionally been less attractive compared to their glass counterparts, customers have always been looking for new models and varieties to spend their hard earned money on. Below is a diverse collection of oak dining tables from different online furniture stores in the UK for your consideration.
Top 10 Oak Dining Tables
- MODERN DESIGN – Our most popular small dining table for a reason, the Kuba Petite is beautifully proportioned with clean lines, square set legs, a generous apron and hand matched, full-length top boards. Its compact size is perfect for smaller kitchen or dining spaces.
- FINE CRAFTSMANSHIP – Handcrafted from 100% solid oak wood, each piece of timber goes through a lengthy process of seasoning and kiln drying until ready to be shaped and crafted. No lamination, veneer or MDF is used in its construction just 100% solid oak wood.
- PREMIUM QUALITY – Proudly handmade by expert craftsmen with exquisite attention to detail, each oak board is hand-selected for maximum effect. This dining table is a quality investment built to last a lifetime.
- DELIVERED WITH EASE - The Kuba Chunky Dining Table arrives flat packed with only a small amount of assembly required. Attach the legs with the fittings provided and your table is ready for use.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - At Oak Furniture King we pride ourselves on meeting all our customers' individual needs. Our dedication to customer satisfaction means this dining table comes with a full 12-month manufacturer warranty backed by a 30 day Money back guarantee.
- A solid oak rectangular dining table in a durable oiled finish
- A compact distinctive table that is ideal for small kitchen diners
- A wide range of co-ordinating items are available in the Julian Bowen coxmoor range making it ideal for any home situation; also shown with the Julian Bowen Hudson chairs
- Simple self-assembly required. Easy care faux leather seat pad
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 118 x 75 x 75 cm
- A solid oak square dining table in a durable oiled finish
- A compact distinctive table that is perfect for small kitchen diners
- A wide range of co-ordinating items are available in the Julian Bowen coxmoor range making it ideal for any home situation; also co-ordinates with the Julian Bowen Hudson chairs
- Simple self-assembly required
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 75 x 75 x 75 cm
- Ideal for smaller spaces or homes
- Free Three Years Quality Guarantee from Hallowood Furniture
- Width: 80cm Height: 75cm Depth: 60cm
- Colour = Light Oak, Finish = Lacquered, Assembly = Legs need fixing
- Handling = 1-7 working days , Delivery = 2-3 working days
- Made from Oak
- W: 180cm x D: 90cm x H: 78cm
- This item requires some assembly. Instructions and a fixing kit are provided
- Free Delivery & Free Returns
- Mainland England, Scotland and Wales deliveries only. We do not deliver to Northern Ireland.
- Solid oak (top frame, legs and rails etc) and oak veneer (top central panel)
- Easy assembly - legs need fixing with supplied bolts and Allen key. No screws
- Width: 90 (when leaf closed) /160cm (when two leaf open) Height: 76cm Depth: 85cm
- Finished with hard wearing water resistant lacquer (wipe clean)
- Ideal for small space and very flexible
- Product Colour: Oak
- Product Size: H 74 x W 150 x D 90 Cm Approx.
- Product Material: MDF With Melamine
- Product Brand: Vida Designs
- Product Cleaning Instructions: Wipe With A Dry Cloth
- A. It's the price for one table. You can find dining chairs in our store to match it. https://www.amazon.co.uk/ainpecca
- B. Table Size: L150 x W90 x H76cm (L59.06*W35.43*H29.92 inch)
- C. Sturdy and durable table. Oak effect MDF table top with metal legs, Solid frame construction and contemporary design supply you the most Comfortable and fashion sit feeling. Adjustable rubber leg pads make your floor be avoided scratched. This dining table is a great table for kitchen, coffee house, restaurant, home, etc.
- D. All package include Installation instructions and fittings, easy to assemble.
- E. Fast delivery: We will send the product out on the next bussiness day. Usually it will be delivered in 2-4 days.
- Twin benches tuck neatly under table.
- Practical and compact dining solution.
- Available in 2 Sizes: 120cm and 150cm
- Available in either Cream or Grey
- H:75cm x W:120/150cm x D90cm
- Solid oak (top frame, legs and rails etc. ) with oak veneered top panel
- Easy assembly - only legs need fixing with supplied hardware
- Width: 75cm Height: 78cm Depth: 75cm
- Finished with hard wearing water resistant lacquer (wipe clean)
- Ideal for small space
Oak Dining Table Buying Guide
Of all the most basic pieces of home furnishing, a dining table is often the most difficult to select. It needs to suit the style of the room and the taste of the homeowner, but it must also be durable and comfortable. Though in recent decades other materials have become briefly popular, most people still prefer a wooden table. Oak dining tables have remained popular for centuries, with good reason.
Oak Is Adaptable
Adaptability is a key factor when choosing a table, and oak is one of the most adaptable of woods. Unlike mahogany, which is most suitable to a very formal design, or pine, which is strictly casual, the rich grain of oak lends itself to almost any style. It can be used with a darker stain for an elegant, Victorian look. It is equally at home, with a lighter finish, in an ultramodern design. The “look” of the wood itself is incredibly versatile. Since oak is a hardwood, it is extremely durable. It will stand up easily to the wear and tear of daily use in a family home (just think of kids, no matter how well behaved, banging their cups on the table). It is usually stain-resistant and is less likely than softer woods to suffer from dents and gouges.
As with any piece of furniture, the buyer will want to consider a few things carefully when buying oak dining tables. Construction is especially important. Remember that a dining table sees daily use. No one imagines jumping up and down on a table, of course, but your table sees constant use. Most people don’t just use their table three times a day: it’s probably going to be a place where the family gathers to eat, but also where the kids do homework and where adults do anything from work spreadsheets to a painting project. Make sure that the table can keep up with this kind of use. Look for the solidity of construction: anything held together with nails or staples is NOT something that will hold together well. If glue has been used, it may be okay, but is probably not of the highest quality.
Signs of Good Construction
Dowels or dovetailing are both signs of good construction. Also, check to see if the table surface is solid oak, or if it is an oak veneer over composition wood. If it’s veneer, it could still be fine–solid oak is VERY expensive–but make sure that the veneer is not too thin. Checking the edge of the table should show about 1/16″ of veneer. Any warping in the surface, or gaps along the edge where veneer has come unglued, are warning signs. Comfort is another checkpoint. No one sits ON the table, but they DO sit around it, and it should be at a good height so that it neither bumps into anyone’s knees or makes anyone have to reach too high for eating, writing or other activities. Pull a chair up to the table and pretend to eat: it might look silly in the furniture store, but it’s better to look silly than to buy a table that doesn’t work out at home.
Oak dining tables, with their adaptability and durability, are among the best choices for either a modern or traditional home. A bit of care and consideration when buying the table will pay off–a high-quality table will serve the household for generations.
You might also be interested in oak dining sets and buy a dining set of your choice configuration!