Oak dining tables offer the best value for your money as they are both elegant, ergonomic and long lasting. This is the reason they happen to be in huge demand. However, since they have traditionally been less attractive compared to their glass counterparts, customers have always been looking for new models and varieties to spend their hard earned money on. Below is a diverse collection of oak dining tables from different online furniture stores in the UK for your consideration.
Top 10 Oak Dining Tables *
- A solid oak square dining table in a durable oiled finish
- A compact distinctive table that is perfect for small kitchen diners
- A wide range of co-ordinating items are available in the Julian Bowen coxmoor range making it ideal for any home situation; also co-ordinates with the Julian Bowen Hudson chairs
- Simple self-assembly required
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 75 x 75 x 75 cm
- Dimensions of the closed console: 50 cm (length) x 90 cm (width) x 78 cm (height)
- High-quality light oak-coloured melamine finish, made of high-strength agglomerate.
- Extendable steel bars with high load capacity.
- This versatile and multifunctional piece of furniture with a simple and elegant design will allow you to adapt the table to any room in your home.
- Use the console as an entry unit or desk when it is completely closed and open when you need a large table with a capacity for 10 people.
- A great space saving solution with an extendable table top
- Classic country inspired design with a contemporary touch
- Stylish combination of light oak and white brings a fresh look to your space
- Solid rubberwood is highly durable and ideal for families with children
- Coordinating chairs available separately
- Our round glass dining table will be a real statement piece in any home.
- Featuring four subtly curved chunky solid wooden legs that cross in an eye-catching cluster design, the clear tempered glass top lends your dining space transparency and light.
- Size: W 110 x D 110 x H 76 cm. Item weight: 32.5KG.
- Flat packed, assembly required. Please note the listing is for dining table only, chairs are not included.
- The coxmoor oak bench is crafted from solid American white oak with a durable oiled finish
- Ideal for use with the Julian Bowen coxmoor rectangular dining table and co-ordinating coxmoor range
- Simple self-assembly required (no extra tools needed)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 101 x 32 X 45 cm
- Depth of seating area - 32cm, Height of seat pad to floor - 45cm
- Fast Ship:Ship from England with 2-5 working days;UK Mainland Only
- Dining Furniture for Small Space:Bench - Width 86cm x Height 45cm x Depth 24cm; Table - Width 110cm x Height 72cm x Depth 55cm,rectangular shape is space saving
- High quality:Minimalism Style Kitchen Dinner Furniture are made of the environmental particle board ,well made and solid, and it's also easy to clean with a soft damp cloth
- Utility and Multi-purpose : This Lenon style dining set is simple in design but classic, ideal for all kinds of home decoration.And this wood dining table and long bench set also could be placed on the playroom, kindergarten for children to play as the writing desk and chairs set
- Assemble Needed:this dining set is easy to put together;Textured Timber Finish - 15mm Thick Table Top. Easy Clean Surfaces
- Solid oak (top frame, legs and rails etc. ) with oak veneered top panel
- Easy assembly - only legs need fixing with supplied hardware
- Width: 75cm Height: 78cm Depth: 75cm
- Finished with hard wearing water resistant lacquer (wipe clean)
- Ideal for small space
- This rustic piece is designed to create a feeling of cosiness
- Dimensions: 70 x 50 x 76 cm (L x W x H)
- This beige-coloured piece of furniture is designed to suit any colour scheme
- This item is made predominantly from wood
- Arrives pre-assembled for immediate use
- ✅EXPANDING DESIGN: Drop leaf style, when fully expanded fits six people. Ideal for homes lacking on space and requiring extra dining room for friends and family.
- ✅METAL FRAME: Cross shape ensures strength and sturdiness for years to come.
- ✅MDF TOP: Light oak tone with a smooth melamine finish, it is smooth and easy to clean – simply wipe clean. ADJUSTABLE FEET: Ensures the table is kept level and balanced at all times.
- ✅DIMENSIONS: Folded: 79H x 109L x 60Dcm. Half extended: 79H x 109L x 81Dcm. Fully extended: 79H x 109L x 102Dcm.
- ✅MAXIMUM LOAD WEIGHT 40KG. ASSEMBLY REQUIRED.
- The coxmoor nest of three tables is crafted from solid American white oak with a durable oil finish
- A Wide range of co-ordinating items are available in the Julian Bowen Coxmoor range making it ideal for any home situation.
- Simple self-assembly required (no extra tools needed)
- Dimensions large (D x W x H): 35 x 50 x 48 cm, medium (D x W x H): 30 x 36 x 40 cm, small (D x W x H): 22 x 25 x 32 cm
Oak Dining Table Buying Guide *
Of all the most basic pieces of home furnishing, a dining table is often the most difficult to select. It needs to suit the style of the room and the taste of the homeowner, but it must also be durable and comfortable. Though in recent decades other materials have become briefly popular, most people still prefer a wooden table. Oak dining tables have remained popular for centuries, with good reason.
Oak Is Adaptable *
Adaptability is a key factor when choosing a table, and oak is one of the most adaptable of woods. Unlike mahogany, which is most suitable to a very formal design, or pine, which is strictly casual, the rich grain of oak lends itself to almost any style. It can be used with a darker stain for an elegant, Victorian look. It is equally at home, with a lighter finish, in an ultramodern design. The “look” of the wood itself is incredibly versatile. Since oak is a hardwood, it is extremely durable. It will stand up easily to the wear and tear of daily use in a family home (just think of kids, no matter how well behaved, banging their cups on the table). It is usually stain-resistant and is less likely than softer woods to suffer from dents and gouges.
As with any piece of furniture, the buyer will want to consider a few things carefully when buying oak dining tables. Construction is especially important. Remember that a dining table sees daily use. No one imagines jumping up and down on a table, of course, but your table sees constant use. Most people don’t just use their table three times a day: it’s probably going to be a place where the family gathers to eat, but also where the kids do homework and where adults do anything from work spreadsheets to a painting project. Make sure that the table can keep up with this kind of use. Look for the solidity of construction: anything held together with nails or staples is NOT something that will hold together well. If glue has been used, it may be okay, but is probably not of the highest quality.
Signs of Good Construction *
Dowels or dovetailing are both signs of good construction. Also, check to see if the table surface is solid oak, or if it is an oak veneer over composition wood. If it’s veneer, it could still be fine–solid oak is VERY expensive–but make sure that the veneer is not too thin. Checking the edge of the table should show about 1/16″ of veneer. Any warping in the surface, or gaps along the edge where veneer has come unglued, are warning signs. Comfort is another checkpoint. No one sits ON the table, but they DO sit around it, and it should be at a good height so that it neither bumps into anyone’s knees or makes anyone have to reach too high for eating, writing or other activities. Pull a chair up to the table and pretend to eat: it might look silly in the furniture store, but it’s better to look silly than to buy a table that doesn’t work out at home.
Oak dining tables, with their adaptability and durability, are among the best choices for either a modern or traditional home. A bit of care and consideration when buying the table will pay off–a high-quality table will serve the household for generations.
You might also be interested in oak dining sets and buy a dining set of your choice configuration!