Oak dining tables offer the best value for your money as they are both elegant, ergonomic and long lasting. This is the reason they happen to be in huge demand. However, since they have traditionally been less attractive compared to their glass counterparts, customers have always been looking for new models and varieties to spend their hard earned money on. Below is a diverse collection of oak dining tables from different online furniture stores in the UK for your consideration.
Of all the most basic pieces of home furnishing, a dining table is often the most difficult to select. It needs to suit the style of the room and the taste of the homeowner, but it must also be durable and comfortable. Though in recent decades other materials have become briefly popular, most people still prefer a wooden table. Oak dining tables have remained popular for centuries, with good reason.
Adaptability is a key factor when choosing a table, and oak is one of the most adaptable of woods. Unlike mahogany, which is most suitable to a very formal design, or pine, which is strictly casual, the rich grain of oak lends itself to almost any style. It can be used with a darker stain for an elegant, Victorian look. It is equally at home, with a lighter finish, in an ultramodern design. The “look” of the wood itself is incredibly versatile. Since oak is a hardwood, it is extremely durable. It will stand up easily to the wear and tear of daily use in a family home (just think of kids, no matter how well behaved, banging their cups on the table). It is usually stain resistant and is less likely than softer woods to suffer from dents and gouges.
Picking The Right Oak Dining Tables
As with any piece of furniture, the buyer will want to consider a few things carefully when buying oak dining tables. Construction is especially important. Remember that a dining table sees daily use. No one imagines jumping up and down on a table, of course, but your table sees constant use. Most people don’t just use their table three times a day: it’s probably going to be a place where the family gathers to eat, but also where the kids do homework and where adults do anything from work spreadsheets to a painting project. Make sure that the table can keep up with this kind of use. Look for solidity of construction: anything held together with nails or staples is NOT something that will hold together well. If glue has been used, it may be okay, but is probably not of the highest quality.
Top 10 Oak Dining Tables
- A solid oak rectangular dining table in a durable oiled finish
- A compact distinctive table that is ideal for small kitchen diners
- A wide range of co-ordinating items are available in the Julian Bowen coxmoor range making it ideal for any home situation; also shown with the Julian Bowen Hudson chairs
- Simple self-assembly required
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 118 x 75 x 75 cm
- model "Tomas" - classic and refined design that will blend with your interior
- dimensions - 110x75x75 cm
- massive european oak - a deciduous tree guarantee a strength of product
- coated by linseed oil - protect a product from moisture and scratches, and safe a natural color
- produced from ecologically clean wood - orgin of wood is confirmed by FSC certificate
- Height - 75 cm Width - 160 cm Depth - 90 cm
- Self Assembly
- Oak Veneer Legs
- Glass Top
- Free UK Mainland Delivery - (Mainland Only)
- A solid oak square dining table in a durable oiled finish
- A compact distinctive table that is perfect for small kitchen diners
- A wide range of co-ordinating items are available in the Julian Bowen coxmoor range making it ideal for any home situation; also co-ordinates with the Julian Bowen Hudson chairs
- Simple self-assembly required
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 75 x 75 x 75 cm
- Great dimensions table with convenient extending function.
- Length: 110cm (43,31inch) ext. to 150cm (59,06inch), Width: 75cm (29,53 inch) Height: 77cm (30,31 inch)
- Colour option: light wood tone - Oak Sonoma, Dark wood tone - Oak Wenge, White
- The table has been made out of high quality materials like MDF and it has been vinyl wrapped with wood grain wrap which is strong and durable.
- Great for all even small interiors.
- Superb contemporary dining table design will comfortably seat six people (Please note that chairs are supplied separately)
- The overall dimensions are H79 x W150 x D90 cm
- The table has chunky 12cm wide solid oak legs.The legs are cut into the table top adding extra design interest
- Minor assembly required (legs bolting on). Heavy duty packaging
- Part of our Baumhaus Aston Oak contemporary dining room furniture range
- 100% Solid Oak
- Minimal assembly required
- 200 cm - (240 cm Extended)
- Sleek modern design
- Available in Walnut or Oak finish
- Available in three sizes (90cm, 120cm or 150cm)
- Delivered Flat Pack for Easy Home Assembly
- 750(H) x 1500(L) x 900(W) mm
- Quality Made in Ireland - in the tradition of fine Irish furniture construction, all joints have been doweled, glued, and screwed for lasting durability. You can be sure that your family will enjoy this table for years to come!
- Heat Resistant Surface - set hot teapots or any other hot object right on the surface without worry of damage. It's not easy to find tables that don't easily damage when exposed to heat - a rare and useful feature!
- Scratch Resistant - let the kids do their activities with confidence! The Tufftop surface offers protection from dings and marring.
- Stain Resistant - the Tufftop surface is simple to care for, and resists staining. Just wipe clean - no need to oil or polish!
- Small-Space Dining - innovative small-space solutions for full-size dining. You're no longer doomed to eating on the sofa in your small flat - gateleg tables from Mood allow enjoyable dining without giving up precious square footage. Seats up to 6 people.
- The coxmoor oak bench is crafted from solid American white oak with a durable oiled finish
- Ideal for use with the Julian Bowen coxmoor rectangular dining table and co-ordinating coxmoor range
- Simple self-assembly required (no extra tools needed)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 101 x 32 X 45 cm
Dowels or dovetailing are both signs of good construction. Also, check to see if the table surface is solid oak, or if it is an oak veneer over composition wood. If it’s veneer, it could still be fine–solid oak is VERY expensive–but make sure that the veneer is not too thin. Checking the edge of the table should show about 1/16″ of veneer. Any warping in the surface, or gaps along the edge where veneer has come unglued, are warning signs. Comfort is another checkpoint. No one sits ON the table, but they DO sit around it, and it should be at a good height so that it neither bumps into anyone’s knees or makes anyone have to reach too high for eating, writing or other activities. Pull a chair up to the table and pretend to eat: it might look silly in the furniture store, but it’s better to look silly than to buy a table that doesn’t work out at home.
Oak dining tables, with their adaptability and durability, are among the best choices for either a modern or traditional home. A bit of care and consideration when buying the table will pay off–a high-quality table will serve the household for generations.