Oak dining tables offer the best value for your money as they are both elegant, ergonomic and long lasting. This is the reason they happen to be in huge demand. However, since they have traditionally been less attractive compared to their glass counterparts, customers have always been looking for new models and varieties to spend their hard earned money on. Below is a diverse collection of oak dining tables from different online furniture stores in the UK for your consideration.
Top 10 Oak Dining Tables *
- Dimensions: 160/210 x 77 x 95 cm
- A timeless combination of classic and contemporary style
- Unique and eye-catching leg design
- Easily extends to accommodate extra guests
- Solid brushed wood with natural veneer
- Product Colour: Oak
- Product Size: H 74 x W 150 x D 90 Cm Approx.
- Product Material: MDF With Melamine
- Product Brand: Vida Designs
- Product Cleaning Instructions: Wipe With A Dry Cloth
- Dimensions of the closed console: 50 cm (length) x 90 cm (width) x 78 cm (height)
- High-quality light oak-coloured melamine finish, made of high-strength agglomerate.
- Extendable steel bars with high load capacity.
- This versatile and multifunctional piece of furniture with a simple and elegant design will allow you to adapt the table to any room in your home.
- Use the console as an entry unit or desk when it is completely closed and open when you need a large table with a capacity for 10 people.
- Table Colour: Oak
- Chair Colour: Cream & Oak
- Product Size: Table: H 74 x W 150 x D 90 Cm Approx. Chairs: H 100 x W 47 x D 60 Cm Approx.
- Product Brand: Vida Designs
- Product Cleaning Instructions: Wipe With A Dry Cloth
- A solid oak square dining table in a durable oiled finish
- A compact distinctive table that is perfect for small kitchen diners
- A wide range of co-ordinating items are available in the Julian Bowen coxmoor range making it ideal for any home situation; also co-ordinates with the Julian Bowen Hudson chairs
- Simple self-assembly required
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 75 x 75 x 75 cm
- Contemporary Design
- Oak Finish
- Faux Leather Chairs
- Flat Packed
- Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland
- Table and x4 faux leather chairs. Chairs colour : black
- Table size : (W)118cm X (D)73cm X (H)73cm , Chair size : (W)43.5cm X (D)53cm X (H)92cm
- UK Fire Retardant Foam and PU,black faux leather chairs
- Flat packed, some home assembly required
- FREE NEXT WORKING DAY DELIVERY
- MODERN DESIGN – Our most popular small dining table for a reason, the Kuba Petite is beautifully proportioned with clean lines, square set legs, a generous apron and hand matched, full-length top boards. Its compact size is perfect for smaller kitchen or dining spaces.
- FINE CRAFTSMANSHIP – Handcrafted from 100% solid oak wood, each piece of timber goes through a lengthy process of seasoning and kiln drying until ready to be shaped and crafted. No lamination, veneer or MDF is used in its construction just 100% solid oak wood.
- PREMIUM QUALITY – Proudly handmade by expert craftsmen with exquisite attention to detail, each oak board is hand-selected for maximum effect. This dining table is a quality investment built to last a lifetime.
- DELIVERED WITH EASE - The Kuba Chunky Dining Table arrives flat packed with only a small amount of assembly required. Attach the legs with the fittings provided and your table is ready for use.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - At Oak Furniture King we pride ourselves on meeting all our customers' individual needs. Our dedication to customer satisfaction means this dining table comes with a full 12-month manufacturer warranty backed by a 30 day Money back guarantee.
- OAK DINING TABLE AND CHAIRS SET 4 - The Hampton oak wood dining table and chairs set will complement any home. High quality workmanship and functional design makes this 100% solid oak dining table and chairs set stand out from other oak dining sets. The clean simple lines and natural oak grain on this light wood table contrast beautifully with the brown bonded leather chairs, each with the ladder back design
- THIS EXTENDING OAK DINING TABLE AND CHAIRS is ideal for formal entertaining or casual family dining. Standing on chunky solid 10x10cm wooden legs, this oak extendable dining table and chairs will fit into any modestly-sized room. Standing at a height of 77cm the solid oak table top measures 120 x 80cm when closed and extends to 160cm in length using the 40cm extension panel stored under the table top, comfortably accommodating up to 6 people
- 4 x OAK DINING CHAIRS - The Hampton extendable oak dining table set comes complete with 4 beautiful Lincoln oak dining chairs also in oak with a 100% solid wood frame and braced legs for lasting durability. The chairs feature an alluring ladder back design which also provides practical back support. Comfortable cushioned seats have medium density foam covered with dark brown bonded leather for a luxurious finish
- THIS HERITAGE OAK DINING SET IS BUILT TO LAST - Finished in a clear non-gloss lacquer to maintain and preserve the natural oak colour, the lacquer seal also enhances the appearance of the wood grain on each perfectly crafted panel of this wooden dining table and chairs set. As any fine craftsman will tell you, the inlaid grooves on the oak table top prevent bowing by accommodating any natural expansion in the solid oak wood. It’s a sign of quality construction, so don’t settle for anything less
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - At Oak Furniture King we pride ourselves on meeting all our customers' individual needs. Along with our impeccably designed furniture, our dedication to customer satisfaction means this small wooden table and chairs comes with a full 12-month manufacturer’s warranty backed by our no-quibble 30-day money-back guarantee so you can buy with complete confidence
- White & Oak 5 Piece Dining Set with Dining Table and 4 Slatted, High Back Chairs.
- Farm House Style - Matching Furniture Available - Pine & MDF Construction
- The Ludlow Collection Features Living Room, Dining Room and Bedroom Furniture Ranges
- Dimensions (mm): Table - 1400 x 800 x 755 - Chairs - 385 x 475 x 990
- Delivered flatpacked for simple home assembly. Instructions and fixings are all supplied
Oak Dining Table Buying Guide *
Of all the most basic pieces of home furnishing, a dining table is often the most difficult to select. It needs to suit the style of the room and the taste of the homeowner, but it must also be durable and comfortable. Though in recent decades other materials have become briefly popular, most people still prefer a wooden table. Oak dining tables have remained popular for centuries, with good reason.
Oak Is Adaptable *
Adaptability is a key factor when choosing a table, and oak is one of the most adaptable of woods. Unlike mahogany, which is most suitable to a very formal design, or pine, which is strictly casual, the rich grain of oak lends itself to almost any style. It can be used with a darker stain for an elegant, Victorian look. It is equally at home, with a lighter finish, in an ultramodern design. The “look” of the wood itself is incredibly versatile. Since oak is a hardwood, it is extremely durable. It will stand up easily to the wear and tear of daily use in a family home (just think of kids, no matter how well behaved, banging their cups on the table). It is usually stain-resistant and is less likely than softer woods to suffer from dents and gouges.
As with any piece of furniture, the buyer will want to consider a few things carefully when buying oak dining tables. Construction is especially important. Remember that a dining table sees daily use. No one imagines jumping up and down on a table, of course, but your table sees constant use. Most people don’t just use their table three times a day: it’s probably going to be a place where the family gathers to eat, but also where the kids do homework and where adults do anything from work spreadsheets to a painting project. Make sure that the table can keep up with this kind of use. Look for the solidity of construction: anything held together with nails or staples is NOT something that will hold together well. If glue has been used, it may be okay, but is probably not of the highest quality.
Signs of Good Construction *
Dowels or dovetailing are both signs of good construction. Also, check to see if the table surface is solid oak, or if it is an oak veneer over composition wood. If it’s veneer, it could still be fine–solid oak is VERY expensive–but make sure that the veneer is not too thin. Checking the edge of the table should show about 1/16″ of veneer. Any warping in the surface, or gaps along the edge where veneer has come unglued, are warning signs. Comfort is another checkpoint. No one sits ON the table, but they DO sit around it, and it should be at a good height so that it neither bumps into anyone’s knees or makes anyone have to reach too high for eating, writing or other activities. Pull a chair up to the table and pretend to eat: it might look silly in the furniture store, but it’s better to look silly than to buy a table that doesn’t work out at home.
Oak dining tables, with their adaptability and durability, are among the best choices for either a modern or traditional home. A bit of care and consideration when buying the table will pay off–a high-quality table will serve the household for generations.
You might also be interested in oak dining sets and buy a dining set of your choice configuration!