Garden water features generally refer to features like waterfalls, fountains and similar other structures built on your garden to make the garden more attractive and beautiful with their natural settings. When picking a garden water feature, you ought to identify the kind of creative landscape you desire as the features are of different varieties to suit different kinds of gardens.
Some of the varieties to choose from when adding a water feature in your garden include, natural rock pools with fountains which blend with the plants grown on the garden or more modern arrangements built from stone balls and other quasi materials.
Top 10 Garden Water Features
- Adding a water fountain is a wonderful way to create a peaceful and welcoming atmosphere in your garden or inside your home. The sound and sight of trickling water is naturally soothing and water fountains can be used in both outdoor and indoor settings to help induce a feeling of calm and relaxation. There are various types of fountains, from elegant stone structures designed to be focal points of a garden, to decorative fountains perfect for a study or living room.
- Our modern fountains are self-contained and easy to set up, with no plumbing required. They run on an electrical pump, which has the benefit of no running costs /5 m/.
- They not only look lovely in a garden, but are good for attracting wildlife, including birds and butterflies that will be drawn to the water, making a stunning centerpiece on any garden or patio wall. They are ideal for helping to drown out the noise of traffic by producing a gentle trickling sound, transforming your backyard into a peaceful retreat from the rush of modern life.
- Having a water fountain indoors is great for creating a calming ambiance and easing stress. The moving water also acts as a natural humidifier and helps combat air pollution by releasing negative ions. An indoor fountain is an excellent accessory for a home office or study, or can look stunning as a unique ornament on a mantelpiece or bookshelf in the living room. They all feature white LED lights that make it very attractive at night. Water flows from the top bowls to the bottom bowl.
- Pump, LED lights included. Durable polyresin construction. Output: 220 - 240 V. Tree Log Fountain Dimensions: L 27 x W 20 x H 41 cm.
- Built in white LED lights in two of the bowls adding to the impact of this water feature at night
- Fully self contained garden water feature, Low maintenance, Child and pet safe
- Low voltage - much safer and also has a much lower running cost, Height 49cm, Width 31cm
- Easy to unpack and assemble needing no tools, Complete with pump & 10 metres of cable
- Adds a sense of calm and tranquillity to your garden, Made from durable resin-stone
- Create a peaceful garden retreat with this Smart Solar Genoa Fountain
- Triple-drop Zen bowl design - water cascades from one bowl to the next
- Weather-resistant polyresin construction with hand-painted rustic finish
- Operates in sunlight via remote solar panel - no wiring or running costs
- Perfect for gardens, patios and balconies / Size (cm): H49 x W31 x D30
- Made of polyresin material - UV and frost resistant, increases product durability
- Fully self-contained - requires no additional reservoir - Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Three powerful white LED lights - illuminates the water feature, allowing you to enjoy it during the day and night
- Anti-splash pads - will help prevent splashing
- Dimensions: Height 55cm (1 ft 9in) x Width 35cm (1 ft 1 in) x Length 33cm (1 ft)
- Made of polyresin - UV and frost resistant
- Features integrated LED lighting - illuminates the water feature, allowing you to enjoy it during the day and night
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use – adds a peaceful atmosphere to a range of settings
- Simple Assembly and relatively lightweight
- Self-contained - does not require an additional reservoir
- 80cm Curved Corten Steel Water Bowl
- Weathers to develop its own protective rust finish
- Can be at any point throughout the weathering process when received and any surface marks will fade as the steel weathers
- Curved profile, sits on circular foot welded to base
- 80 x H.16.5cm - 13.5kg (3cm lip)
- Green glazed ceramic solar powered water feature with frog, Constantly recycles the same water
- Operates in direct sunlight, Creates a relaxing atmosphere in your garden, patio or on your balcony
- Powered by a separate solar panel (supplied), Low voltage water pump with filter
- 3m / 10ft cable to solar panel, No wiring, simply install and enjoy, Low maintenance, just simply top up with water as and when needed
- Easy to assemble - no more than 10 minutes once taken out of the box, Handmade and finished
- Solar powered birdbath water fountain, Operates in direct sunlight, No wiring, just install and enjoy!
- Features a family of brightly coloured ducks sheltered under an umbrella
- Water is pumped to the top of the umbrella and cascades over it into the birdbath below
- Creates a relaxing atmosphere in your garden, patio or balcony
- Constantly recycles water, No running costs! Low maintenance, just simply top up with water as and when needed
- Easy to set up and maintain, includes complete life support system for fish and plants
- Assembled dimensions 46 cm (H) x 75.5 cm (W) x 75.5 cm (D), pool capacity 141 litres
- Blagdon Inpond 5-in-1 2000 low voltage pump and filter included (no mains plug)
- Comes with one planting baskets (also available separately, if you would like to add more)
- Three fountain heads and an LED light included
- Garden Ornament
- LED light in Fountain
- Mains powered
- In or outdoor use
- Height: 16.5 cm
Benefits Of Water Features
When constructing or purchasing a water feature you ought to consider the following tips in order to design the best.
- Appearance: First and foremost, you should consider the design of garden water features. The garden design should bring out a natural appearance. You should ensure that you have created a higher ground level for the water fall so as to limit its artificial appearance. You can do this by building mounds of soil which are coated to make them stick together or you can use cairns of rocks. The garden water features change the appearance and looks of your compound as they provide a sensational look of your garden that gives it a natural feeling. This is done by blending the garden with rocks and water small waterfalls.
- Sound: one of the best sound you ever hear in life it the sound of a waterfall and the calming sound of a flowing stream. The sound created by a waterfall is usually very relaxing unlike other music from records. The sound from singing birds also provide a good natural feeling even if you are in an urban area where you never get to see any natural feature.
- Light: The fountain as a garden feature is used to refract and reflect light in the compound. Sunlight may sometimes caught on the glass and reflected off or you will in fact at other times enjoy the lighting in it. This is usually in a form where LEDs lighting underneath the water will be projected in form of an electric neon green or blue ray during the evening thus providing a very hypnotic environment.
- Wildlife: Garden water features usually attract lots of wildlife especially birds to you compound. The birds often come to bath or drink water from the water features. The birds provide a good watching site for wildlife as the sing sweet melodies and colour the compound with their beautiful colours.
Pick Them Wisely
Garden water features therefore bring with them a number of advantages however you will have to be creative and smart enough when you do your selections. You will have to consider the size of garden together with your location when looking for appropriate features. This way, you will be able to get the best of features that would serve your purposes and add to the ambiance of your home.
For those enthusiastic about giving their gardens the best of appearances, here are some great garden water features for you to consider. Note that they vary is sizes and materials they are made from, so choose wisely considering the nature of your garden and its surroundings.
You might also be interested in solar-powered water features to make things easier for you to work with.